Many users of EMC ApplicationXtender (AX) are still on version 6.5 or 7.x because they are reluctant to upgrade to 8.1, which was released in June of this year (version 8.0 was released in November 2015). From our experience, AX 8.1 offers tremendous document management and workflow automation value from its new, browser-based interface and vastly improved ease of use.
However, we understand there is resistance to change, so below are the Top 10 reasons to upgrade to AX 8.1:
- Audit Report: allows for audit reporting within AX itself
- User Permission Report: allows administrator to generate a permissions report on a user level
- Highlights full text search results
- Dragging and dropping of electronic documents
- Reordering of files
- LEAP app support
- HTML 5 support-great for mobile devices
- Session management
- Global user defined lists to share among applications
- Updated shiny new interface!
Here’s a complete list of all new AX 8.1 features.
Building a Business Case
If your executive team needs convincing, contact us to request an enterprise content management (ECM) audit. We can analyze your use of ApplicationXtender, identify the value of upgrading in your situation and create a business case for upgrading that can be presented to upper management/ownership.